A Little Understanding

Judge not what you have no desire to understand

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > How do you deal with big girl issues that are hard

grl

i have to search for a dr. and keep running into walls and i just keep crying. How do you handle issues like that?

January 24, 2013 at 4:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cassi
Site Owner

I just take a breath and try to encourage my little side to hide away for the time being... I close my eyes and in a way bribe myself with things I like...

Bubbles or colouring or my favourite kids movie make for good bribes. ♥

Hiding your little away isn't that easy sometimes, but she's usually out for a reason.

January 29, 2013 at 3:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

♥Fluffy♥

I kick and scream and cry and have a cataclysmic brat fit until someone else deals with it :/

--
Fluffy
January 29, 2013 at 10:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ScarringOfHearts

talk to my daddy and hope and pray he can talk me down from panicking or having a tantrum

January 29, 2013 at 3:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

grl

yes if it were not for my Daddy i am not sure what i would do

February 2, 2013 at 11:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Daddy's princess

I agree with the previous responses, if it weren't for Daddy I'm not sure What I would do. Deep breathing and focusing my brain along with a talk works well.

--

Daddy's princess ;)

February 17, 2013 at 7:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Joanne_chan

For me some of the reasons for my little being still being central are rooted very much in my RL 'Big' medical conditions and disabilities so the two sides are always joined. I'm fortunate in one sense growing with this people are more accepting that I may need some input into say getting medical help or being treated more like a kid if I'm feeling emotional upset although I'd never wish what I have on you. I do take small plushies with me to appointments and that.

March 27, 2016 at 2:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sabi

I had a health scare around the time I met my Daddy. It helped so much to have him to distract me when I was going for tests and scans and waiting for results. At that time I had not yet learned about communication and I didn't tell him about it until I got the good news that I was ok. I didn't want him to know so I could just play and be silly with him and forget about it. So I suppose I split my big girl side off to deal with the serious stuff and retreated into my little headspace to escape. 

March 27, 2016 at 3:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ray's Little Slave

Sabi at March 27, 2016 at 3:25 PM

I had a health scare around the time I met my Daddy. It helped so much to have him to distract me when I was going for tests and scans and waiting for results. At that time I had not yet learned about communication and I didn't tell him about it until I got the good news that I was ok. I didn't want him to know so I could just play and be silly with him and forget about it. So I suppose I split my big girl side off to deal with the serious stuff and retreated into my little headspace to escape. 

I have been known to do that myself.  Of course, if I had kept something like that from Ray, he would have spanked the daylights out of me.  LOL

Actually, he, um, HAS spanked the daylights out of me for putting off dealing with medical issues.  Taking care of myself is something we are actually working on.  I tend to want to take care of everyone but me.

--

Music is my drug of choice.

March 30, 2016 at 11:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Joanne_chan

Sure, at least recognizing you need to do something about say medical needs is important and for if I know I have and do nothing such as get 'grown up' help to assist me with it even though I know I do need to and how to get that help, then I would get a few spankies cos I wasn't being 'sponisble. I'm never spanked for anything I could not of been expected to know or can't help only what I know and chose not to.

The problem with taking care of others first is no one necessarily is taking care of you and ultimately that'll stop you from caring so I understand why your daddy is working with on this.

March 31, 2016 at 4:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.