A Little Understanding

Judge not what you have no desire to understand

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > A list of DD/lg movies

cassi
Site Owner

Watching movies is something I love to do and it is a great activity to do with someone even if you live far apart. I like movies that have that strong protective Daddy figure with a girl. Few of them are intended as DD/lg, but I can see it.

I'm going to post a bunch of movies that have that Daddy Dom or little girl feel to them. Please post any you think are good too

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lolita 1997 version (also a 1962 version)

Humbert Humbert, a British professor coming to the US to teach, rents a room in Charlotte Haze's house, but only after he sees her 14-year-old daughter, Dolores (Lolita), to whom he is immediately attracted. Though he hates the mother, he marries her as this is the only way to be close to the girl, who will prove to be too mature for her age. They start a journey together, trying to hide they're not just (step)father and daughter, throughout the country, being followed by someone whom Humbert suspects to be from the police. The profound jealousy, and maybe some guilt from the forbidden love, seem slowly to drive the man emotionally labile.

Taken (2008 )

Seventeen year-old Kim is the pride and joy of her father Bryan Mills. Bryan is a retired agent who left the Central Intelligence Agency to be near Kim in California. Kim lives with her mother Lenore and her wealthy stepfather Stuart. Kim manages to convince her reluctant father to allow her to travel to Paris with her friend Amanda. When the girls arrive in Paris they share a cab with a stranger named Peter, and Amanda lets it slip that they are alone in Paris. Using this information an Albanian gang of human traffickers kidnaps the girls. Kim barely has time to call her father and give him information. Her father gets to speak briefly to one of the kidnappers and he promises to kill the kidnappers if they do not let his daughter go free. The kidnapper wishes him "good luck," so Bryan Mills travels to Paris to search for his daughter and her friend.

I am Sam (2001)

Sam Dawson has the mental capacity of a 7-year-old. He works at a Starbucks and is obsessed with the Beatles. He has a daughter with a homeless woman; she abandons them as soon as they leave the hospital. He names his daughter Lucy Diamond (after the Beatles song), and raises her. But as she reaches age 7 herself, Sam's limitations start to become a problem at school; she's intentionally holding back to avoid looking smarter than him. The authorities take her away, and Sam shames high-priced lawyer Rita Harrison into taking his case pro bono. In the process, he teaches her a great deal about love, and whether it's really all you need.

Black Snake Moan (2006)

Man on FireIn rural Mississippi, Lazarus, a former blues musician who survives by truck farming, finds a young girl nearly beaten to death near his home. She's the white-trash town tramp, molded by a life of sexual abuse at the hands of her father and verbal abuse from her mother, who seems to delight in reminding Rae of her mistake in not aborting her. Lazarus, who is also facing personal crisis at the dissolution of his marriage, nurses Rae back to health, providing her with gentle, fatherly advice as well as an education in blues music. Rae's boyfriend, Ronnie, goaded by the man who nearly beat Rae to death, misunderstands the relationship between Lazarus and Rae, and vows to kill him. Lazarus, exhibiting a street-smart understanding of violence and its motives, calls Ronnie's bluff, senses that he is as troubled as Rae, and becomes a guiding force in the young couple's resurrection.

Ink (2009)

As the light fades and the city goes to sleep, two forces emerge. They are invisible except for the power they exert over us in our sleep, battling for our souls through dreams. One force delivers hope and strength through good dreams; the other infuses the subconscious with desperation through nightmares. John (Chris Kelly) and Emma (Quinn Hunchar), Father and Daughter are wrenched into this fantastical dream world battle, forced to fight for John's soul and to save Emma from an eternal nightmare. Separate in their journey, they encounter unusual characters that exist only in their subconscious. Or do they? Ink is a high-concept visual thriller that weaves seamlessly between the conscious and the subconscious. Ink has been hailed as the new "it" movie and compared to cult classics Brazil, Donnie Darko, The Matrix, Dark City and Pan's Labyrinth.

June 5, 2011 at 8:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cassi
Site Owner

*smiles* Daddy and I liked them too. Ink really messed with my head, lol

June 12, 2011 at 12:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

lil_boo

"ps. i love you" woz really sweet but sad as well

June 12, 2011 at 1:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cassi
Site Owner

Has it got a good Daddy/little girl dynamic in it or is it just a good movie?

June 12, 2011 at 1:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

lil_boo

her man passes away, but before he does, he leaves her clues like a scavanger hunt to becoming a stronger person.  he calls her babygirl and "my baby" throughout the entire thing.  it's very heartwarming...his notes and clues are direct and loving.  but it IS a sad movie, just a heads up.

June 12, 2011 at 1:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SlaveWaterNymph
Limited Member

:) glad that others are doing what me and Daddy do. :) W/we have been doing this since W/we met. Brings up good memories. W/we watch a lot of things together, but of course i think most dont have what you want, as it is things W/we love.... like stargate and so forth. But W/we do watch Beauty in the Beast, Lion King, Little mermaid, mulan, a lot of disney movies, cartoons, anime. :) 

July 29, 2012 at 1:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Daddy Brit

Taken and Lolita...good films both.

December 4, 2012 at 12:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DukeVulga
I like the professional with Jean Reno and Natalie Portman. Just saw God bless America on netflix and it has some nice D/lg stuff going on too.
December 9, 2012 at 10:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SweetLittle

The Fall is an amazing and beautiful movie with a little girl and a kind of adopted father figure. I highly recommend it.

January 18, 2013 at 11:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BatDaddy

totally aside from an ageplay mindset "the professional" or in some countries titled "Leon" is good ...but only if you realize that He is actually the little in alot of ways, He is pure and simple.....for a hitman.

January 26, 2013 at 6:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cassi
Site Owner

I've never heard of that one, Bat Daddy - I'll be sure to check it out sometime!

January 29, 2013 at 3:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BatDaddy

well it is kind of violent though so you might need your Daddy with you, I am sure it can be enjoyed by both

January 29, 2013 at 4:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

technofarmer

So far ive only seen Taken and I am Sam, both were very good and though i dont have a daughter, it still made my heart pound with fear, and then excitement towards the ending

--

January 29, 2013 at 6:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

♥Fluffy♥

La Cité des Enfants Perdus One of my favorite films staring my favorite actor, Ron Perlman. The role-reversal relationship between One and Miette is beautiful.

Tip: Don't watch the dubbed version, go right for the subs (but I don't have to tell you Daddys that, do I? ;) )

--
Fluffy
January 29, 2013 at 7:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cassi
Site Owner

Whoa Fluffy! That one looks freaky! It is it a scary one?

January 29, 2013 at 7:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

♥Fluffy♥

It's not really scary but it is about stolen dreams and nightmares! It's actually quite funny in places. But it's just a very, very lovely film,... if you don't mind a bit of oddness! :)

--
Fluffy
January 29, 2013 at 7:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Little Sassy Sofie

Coal Miner's Daughter has the flavor a Daddy/lg in the relationship between Loretta Lynn and her husband. 

March 12, 2013 at 5:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Amethyst

I was going to say Leon actually.  In the sense that he is kinda the little but so is the girl too in many ways. Love it. As for I Am Sam, I cry so hard during that movie.

--

"We are all a little weird, and life's a little weird. And when we find someone who's weirdness is compatible with ours we fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." Dr Seuss

June 16, 2013 at 6:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

koopa

i havent seen Lolita, ill have to watch it =] The Professional is one of my favorites and The Fall is beyond measure a beautful film. The director is one of my favorites and not only are the dynamics and worlds beautiful but the landscaping and production are breath taking. It took Singh 13 years or something to complete

September 1, 2013 at 8:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lacy

Despicable Me stands out most to me. I like how he goes from being bad to being responsible, and how he takes them to the amusement park, and how he puts them to bed and stuff. I can't watch it without crying at the part where he skips their recital to get the moon >.<

And Daddy likes it because it's silly. He likes the glow-in-the-dark minion. A minion breaks his back and shakes him up like a glow stick, and he glows like one. :3

September 7, 2013 at 9:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.